LadyBug

Monday, June 29, 2009

Mid South Conference


The weekend before I attended the Mid South Reading and Writing Conference. Friday we had some good speakers and I really got some great ideas and book suggestions from some of the speakers. I also ran into teachers from my old private school, TA, teachers I had at UA, and friends I went to school with at UA, so that was really cool too. My principal and vice principal were there, along with two 3rd grade teachers, three 2nd grade teachers, including myself, and our reading interventionist. One of the sessions we went to on Friday was by a Shelby County teacher and she was AMAZING!! WOW!! She made me want to rush back to work! The lunch was great, All Around Town Catering, FYI. Mrs. Chesler and Mrs. Weismann got into it as one of the singers got us all up moving and dancing. Saturday was the big day, the Two Sister, who wrote the Daily 5 and the new book CAFE were going to be there to speak.... That's when the fun began, the Two Sisters had been delayed on their flight, there was NO power or AC at the school, the projectors continued to short out, did I mention NO AC!! IN JUNE!! WOW! Good news is we all got our books signed and they were so positive and great speakers!! We suffered through most of the day!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: