LadyBug

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Classroom Work..

Well, the entire week of the 4th I spent A LOT of time in my new classroom! #1 the drive to 'work' is already 100 times better!! YEAH!! #2 it was not spotless, :) but is now! (kind of and yes, I know it won't last long) #3 BIG, HUGE, thanks to my mom and dad. They came down half way through the week to help. It was great to have them down and mostly have extra hands. We got so much done and a lot that I couldn't have manage alone. They cleaned, cut, taped, hot glued, built and bought shelves, BIG HELP! These are a few pictures of the progress, it's getting there.

This week, I've been work-shop'n it! ARI, Reading, Comprehension, Fluency, Vocab, Phonics, FUN STUFF!! Thankfully I had Carrie Beth to hang out with at lunch and through the week (She's a very good college friend, who happens to be a Kind. teacher at my new school!! YEAH!) I got to spend a little bit more time after class every day, so it's just about there. I volunteered for registration night, so it was a great chance for Tyson to come see everything and help.. yep he got almost all my computers and printers connected. (Thanks babe!)

Next week is AMSTI!! Math and Science, for those non-teachers! Wish me luck, my mind is almost full of teacher-teacher talk.

1 comments:

Maegan said...

Good luck!! Second grade is fun...probably my favorite grade by far!! :) I know setting up a classroom is a lot of work, but be glad you have a little more time and resources than I will :) Good luck and let me know if you need anything!